How to Make Coffee for 40 the Old-Fashioned Way
This recipe is from the '30s. It's a great way to try out that old muslin coffee filter you spotted at the swap meet.
Things You'll Need:
- 1 pound desired ground coffee
- 1 muslin bag or filter that will hold twice the amount of coffee
- 2 gallons of filtered water
- Large pot to hold everything
- Fill the large pot with 2 gallons of the filtered water. Bring to a boil.
- Place the ground coffee in the muslin bag or filter and drop into the boiling water.
- Cover pot, and reduce heat to a very low simmer.
- Let stand about 6 to 10 minutes. Remove the bag and serve the hot coffee to your guests.
Renee Shelton, Creator of PastrySampler.com