Saturday, October 20, 2012

Irish Potato Pie: Alternative to Sweet Potatoes.

Sweet potato pies are hands-down a favorite treat at our house. But I had never thought of using regular bakers in pies until I was flipping through The Blue Grass Cook Book from 1904. The Potato Pie is the Pie of the Month for the Fall issue of Pastry Sampler Journal, and when I was scouting different recipes to include (including my own) I found pies made with mashed potatoes. I'm include one here as it is always interesting to see what tastes were like way back then. 


 
This recipe is the new location for the Old School Pastry site:

 http://oldschoolpastry.pastrysampler.com/irish-potato-pies/

Renee Shelton, Creator of PastrySampler.com



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML